It is currently September 25th, 2018, 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

[Offline]
 Post subject: My steady shot hits more like a money shot.
PostPosted: January 20th, 2009, 12:41 pm 

Hey guys,

This is sort of directed to Leica/Priz or any one else adapting to the hunter changes. I hit up the PTRs and was sad to see some of the nerfs we got as hunters. I feel like the Readiness/BW combo was a fair drop and the scaling of Scorps/Cats was ok, but the damn SS nerf was a total bad decision. With the prospect of SV being top notch and MM becoming viable, what specs and pet changes are you making to adjust to it? I have been raping kids in my guild for Agi heavy hunter gear, but I really like the prospect of going back to MM.

Basically, whats your plan to adapt to the nerfs and do you feel like hunters will still be monsters in PvE. I am not asking about PvP until I am not disarmed for a week at a time, lol.
 Profile E-mail  

[Offline]
 Post subject: Re: My steady shot hits more like a money shot.
PostPosted: January 20th, 2009, 12:50 pm 

I think we are both going to spec survival. I will be sticking with a cat pet as it is still above the rest of the pets for dps, even with Rake scaled down.

As for being monsters in pve, for the last few weeks/month we haven't exactly been tearing it up like we were early on in the expansion. Our scaling was terrible and we were basically doing the same dps last week as we were the second week of the expansion. Meanwhile, the rest of the dps have gotten gear and caught/passed us in the process, so I am excited about not having to spec 50/21 boringness spec.

I think we will be competitive as we are now which is what Blizzard wants while also getting to play a more fun play style/spec in SV.
 Profile E-mail  

[Offline]
PostPosted: January 20th, 2009, 1:17 pm 

Will likely play Survival in PvE, and debating my PvP spec.

Not sure why you're whining about being disarmed for a week at a time, get 2 1hers and toss on a weapon chain.

BM will still be a contender though its overall damage will be lower. You'll see BM specs likely going from Double Bestial Wrath which is no longer possible to perhaps an Aimed, Scatter, Bestial Wrath spec.

Marks is already getting some play in high end arenas and looks to be very strong.

Survival will also likely be a strong contender in PvP with increased Explosive Damage and the control of scatter, wyvern, traps, etc.
 Profile E-mail  

[Offline]
PostPosted: January 20th, 2009, 2:46 pm 
Homosexual Juggernaut

I'll be specing survival also.

[Offline]
PostPosted: January 21st, 2009, 6:02 am 

Arena matchmaking system is retarded right now but... one thing I can tell you from today's patch is that Survival*(edit because I misspoke!) has HUGE potential and huge burst and great control.
 Profile E-mail