It is currently November 24th, 2017, 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

[Offline]
 Post subject: Vis Maior can you nswer a question about Brutallus please
PostPosted: August 15th, 2008, 12:23 pm 

Our guild is currently working on Brutallus and we have a Warrior and Druid that switch off on the boss.
Several times last night the boss turned to me after my threat reach well over 130%(Im a Warlock)

We thought that with the taunt rotation between the 2 tanks that aggro would not be a problem. I was pushing 2700-2800 dps and we are still wondering if the problem is with the tanks or me? Is it possible to overthreat the tanks on this encounter?
Its to the point where if I get two 11k+ crits in a row I make myself back off.

Advice on this is greatly appreciated because half my guild blames me for pulling aggro and the other half blames the tanks. What do you say oh great gamer gods, because we need a seasoned opinion here. Is it ok to go balls to the wall dps as soon as the encounter starts and should I be using soulshatter?
 Profile E-mail  

[Offline]
 Post subject: Re: Vis Maior can you nswer a question about Brutallus please
PostPosted: August 15th, 2008, 12:29 pm 

It is always the dps's fault for pulling aggro, its your job to watch the threat meter.

That being said your tanks may not be pumping out enough threat for reasonable dps levels, that being their fault.

Either way, we used to start off the encounter with tranquil air and start off with slower dps to allow tanks to begin to build threat, which is no longer necessary for us due to optimization and better tank gear.

However, we still have major threat issues if tanks do not get a front loaded hero at the beginning of the encounter.

PS save Soul Shatter as long as you can to get the most effect out of it,but don't wait so long that you pull and wipe the raid.

[Offline]
PostPosted: August 15th, 2008, 2:05 pm 

Pretty much what Ferox said sums it up. I think from your post you misunderstand how the ability Taunt works. All it does is simply equal threat. Example:

Tank 1 = 100k threat
Tank 2 = 50k threat

When tank 2 taunts off tank 1 he just equalizes his threat, so now it looks like this

Tank 1 = 100k threat
Tank 2 = 100k threat

What then happens is tank 2 is getting tons of rage so he can begin to out threat tank 1 and the mob stays on him. If tank 2 taunt and does nothing and tank 1 resumes a threat rotation the mob would simply go back to tank 1.
 Profile E-mail  

[Offline]
PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 2:30 pm 

GI JOOOOOOOOOEEEEEE
 Profile E-mail